August 29, 2007

Waiting...

Last week I had the privilege to spend some time in Winnipeg. I have some family in the city with whom I spent time with. On one of those days we went to the zoo. I hadn’t been to the zoo in over ten years, back in the days when it was free. Not much has changed other then the absence of the elephants and pandas. Nonetheless it was a pleasant way to spend the morning. I went with my cousin, it was wonderful to see the animals through younger eyes.

As another birthday came and went I am still on the prairies of Manitoba. I had thought I would be on the prairies of Saskatewan. Alas I am still waiting to move. At times I am very frustrated at this whole waiting process. I often think that if I would have known it would take this long I would have done many different things with my time. But I can not go back it time. I struggle to not think of this time as wasted. With this wait there has been building of this expectation of Saskatoon and all that it holds. I am anxious to make a home and renew friendships also make new ones. Find a way to support myself and look forward to a prairie winter, something that I haven’t had in a while. I know fall hasn’t even happened yet but there is part of me waiting for winter, scary isn’t it?

So as I wait, I cook, read, refurnish chairs and try to think of other ways to bind my time. I know that there are things that I need to do. I feel the result of not doing what my heart tells me that I need to. I guess there are all things that we know we should be doing and yet for some reason we put them off because we think that we have all the time in the world. We don’t, the reality of that has become very clear this past summer. I know I need to start living as if my time is drawing nigh. Spending time with my Maker and doing the things that He would have me do.

No comments: