October 12, 2007

The Latest

The other day I received the call that I was being offered a full-time position with a bank! This had me quite excited as I was feeling quite down about the whole job thing. God was bringing me to a point of total trust and dependency. Just as He brought me there and I had surrendered, the job offer came. He is wonderful isn't He?

Today was a beautiful day. Crisp and sunny this morning, had a really cool conversation with a girl this morning at the bus stop and on the ride downtown. Enjoyed a hot drink after running errands waiting for the bus, basking in the warm sun.

This last week was not without its frustrations. I worked temp work for two days and as a result have a really sore wrist and don't have full strength in my right hand. I was correlating books by hand for 8 hours a day. I have done repetitive work before and have had no trouble but this time there was no rotation to other work, so I think that may have been the problem. Anyway I have a week before I start my new job and am hoping that it heals during that time.

All in all I am enjoying learning about this place and getting to know some of the people here. Just to give you a bit of a feeling what today felt like, this picture sort of emulates how I feel right now.

2 comments:

Colleen's Story said...

Hey
Is that a sturdy bench? I sure hope so, otherwise who knows. So how is the bus in comparison to the trolleys down in Hawaii?

Unknown said...

Hi Nicole

Great news on the job front - I look forward to hearing how you enjoy the bank job. I love the bench picture - looks inviting and very tranquil. Looks like you are at a good place if this is how you feel.