November 04, 2007

It's Coming!

I woke up to a blanket of white this morning. But by the time church was over it was gone. More and more often I will see this white substance that has become unfamiliar to me. I have become a bit of a wuss with all this winter business. I haven't seen snow in quite some time and it is taking some time to get used to it and the cold that comes with it. Yet everyone is talking about how nice of a fall we're having.

I have come to realize that going from being a volunteer to working in a bank will be quite a transition, one that I wasn't quite prepared for. I am thankful for the job and the opportunity that it will present. My heart still lies elsewhere.

Small blessings, finding a apt sized freezer at MCC and picking up a Christmas tree. I know it won't be a real one this year but it won't be paper either. Haven't brought these things home yet but it will be fun decorating a tree. I know Christmas is a good month and a half away but... Last year Christmas was different. As long as the focus stays on Him it's okay that the tree will be up early.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey Nicole! Congrats on your new job. I pray your transition will go smoothly.

I was thinking about you the other day....when we taught Sunday School together. Man, I couldn't have done that without you! Now I'm realizing that kids aren't so scarey. I'm getting some hands on experience. Take Care!